• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ok guys, what is the law for putting brush piles in NYS lakes and ponds. Can I just go out in a bay and put some christmas trees in it. Please help and if you can, can you have the hard truth facts about it. lol I need to see it in writing or i'm going to dump about 30 trees this spring. lol

Here it is Lee, as best as I can tell, unless it is a privately owned impoundment, you will likely need a permit to create, build, or erect any structure reguardless of it's composition, be it natural,synthetic, or a combination of either in any public waters . However there are exceptions to this rule. Your first step would be to find your Regional Biologist that works on Artical 15 applications, which you can find at www.dec.state.ny.us/HSOforum/about/abtrull3.html or you can send a letter to: NYSDEC, Bureau of habitat. 625 Broadway Albany NY 12233-4756 or E-mail: [email protected] and then they will help you through the application process. It sounds more complicated than it really is ,but I'm sure you can understand you don't want people damming creeks or building rock piles that will be closer to the surface than the lower unit on your outboard. I hope this is of some help to you.