• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BOAT PLANS

Question

I HAVE A 16' DEEP-V.I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE OUT THE SEATS,PUT IN A FLAT BOTTOM,ADD PEDESTAL SEATS,PUT IN A LIVEWELL ETC. IS THERE ANYWHERE I CAN GET PLANS FOR THIS.I HAVE QUITE A FEW IDEAS MYSELF BUT WOULD LIKE SOME DIFFERENT VIEWPOINTS THANKS

------------------
FISHIN ROD

7 answers to this question

I HAVE A 16' DEEP-V.I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE OUT THE SEATS,PUT IN A FLAT BOTTOM,ADD PEDESTAL SEATS,PUT IN A LIVEWELL ETC. IS THERE ANYWHERE I CAN GET PLANS FOR THIS.I HAVE QUITE A FEW IDEAS MYSELF BUT WOULD LIKE SOME DIFFERENT VIEWPOINTS THANKS

------------------
FISHIN ROD

be warned!!! when you modify your boat be sure you have the same volume(amount?) of flotation material. i know of one guy that modified his boat; looked great but got burned for not retaining the same amount of flotation. figures hu del

Fishin Rod: Last winter I decided to modify my Sweet-16 Tracker. It turned out to be quite a project. I added a counsel, as well as front and rear casting decks. I ended up calling the manufacturer(Tracker Marine) and finding out that they actually had a counsel kit that would fit my boat. It was from a 14-foot fisher, but the specs as the original counsel for my boat. I would caution you, however, as I was first told that no such kits were available. The person who helped me the most was actually a Tracker Design Engineer. In addition, I also got info from the DNR. They have a publication called "backyard boat builder". As I recall, it had info. on flotation, as well as the calculations for the maximum size moter you can use. The best advise I can give you is go to boat dealers and look at other boats. If possible go to the same brand as your current boat and baot that are roughly the same size. I found that the 1991 Sweet-16 has the same dimensions as a 2000 Pro-guide v-16, so I used that as the model. In addition, I would always bring a tape measure with me and take measurements where possible. It was a lot of work, but am happy with the final results. Your project, however, seem bigger, as you are going to install a floor and pedestal seats. I used marine grade plywood on my casting decks. You need to check around as there is a lumber store in Fridley, MN which carries this type of lumber (I can't recall name). Treated plywood won't last long depending on the amount of exposure (i.e., sun, rain,. . . .). Hope this helps & good luck.

Well Dave, you would think so and so did most of my fishing buddies. Actually, not counting the time I put in, the whole project only cost me about $1,200.00. ($400.00 for console & windshield, $200.00 for steering, $200 for the marine grade plywood, and another $400.00 for misc. stuff. . .). I had already purchased a 1999 Yamaha 40-hp,4-stroke outboard and wanted to keep my motor. I could not find a new or used boat without a motor. While I did eventually find some at Hallberg Marine, they still wanted about $4,000.00 to $5,000.00 for them, plus another $1,200.00 to $1,5000.00 for the trailer. After tax and licsence, I probably would have spent at least $6,000.00 to $7,000.00. Since this wasn't in the budget, I simply did it myself. While it was a lot of work, I am vey happy with the results. Overall I am glad I did it. I would, hoever, warn others I had some expert advise (My brother builds boats for a living in Fla and my dad is a retired design engineer). Good Luck.