• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake of the Isles

Tyler and I went to Lake of the Isles and fished with Dan Fox and Paul ? ... It took us till about 2 p.m. to find some decent gills. The ice was great up there 6" of clear black ice, creepers required. Was a stiff wind that blew early and when it started to rain the gills turned on. Sight fishing in 8 - 9.5 ft of water. Most of the bigger gills came in at 6'. One pickerel and I saw a huge northern pike as well. We caught a lot of bluegills but overall the size was disappointing. Tyler and I had fun. Crossing that bridge on the way back was a little dicey as the rain and wind made it slippery.

When Dan and Paul walked back from the other end of the lake to fish with us they looked like a couple of sheets of ice. The freezing rain stuck to him and when Dan got to us he had at least 1/4" of ice on him from hat to toe.

Black plastics and bobber fry...

Lee I was dead across the lake and to the right but left is where Tyler and I found em by the waterfall. 6' top of the weeds. The ice was thick as can be when I left Sunday from what I saw it was 6" solid maybe a bit more than that I didn't measure. Don''t forget your creepers it's like glass. Alot of juvenile gills but you can sight through them, no crappies...