• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yamaha 115 four stroke

DickUrban

Question

21 answers to this question

My in-laws have the exact same setup and love it! No problems with pulling anyone and just the right size for 3-4 people to fish out of. Good luck with the purchase.

I've got a 115 suzuki on a 1700 Angler, very close to the set-up your talking about... I don't honestly see a difference in hole shot between the 4 and 2 strokes I've owned. It has very good hole shot, as do most of the newer 4 strokes I believe. Top speed on this set-up is 48 mph gps.

Have a Yamaha 115 4 stroke on my 1700 explorer. 4 people in boat and dog, pops tubers up in no time. Has a 13 1/4 x 17 prop. Boat gets up on plane in no time. Haven't tried skiers yet cause kids like to tube.

Me too. We've pulled skiiers and tubers without a problem. Having the right prop and using a hydrofoil makes a ton of difference (as it does with any motor).
Scoot

i should add that i have played around with differant props on mine to get better performance when pullin skiiers,,obviosly u should look at a stainless steel prop, im guessing theyll put an aluminum 19" pitch on it to start

i found a guy that sells new and used props here in the twin cities and i got a great price on this used stainless 18",, and the boat rocks with that on out of the hole, and my top end is still 47 mph at 6000 rpm.

Dick Urban and cd3,
I have a Crestliner 1850 Pro Sport with a Yamaha 115 4 stroke. Love the motor but all the talk about props spurs a question that been asked before. The dealer put a 131/4" X 17" Hustler prop on it to start. At best I can run about 40 mph at 6000 rpm. How much difference does it make going to a stainless prop? Do you think going to a 19" would drop the rpm's to low and would I sacrifice the hole shot with a 19"? Dick, just wanted to say hi and let you know I am also from central Iowa.

I am passing on info that I have got from others here. A stainless steel prop will normally give you about 3mph more on the top end. This is due to the fact that it doesn't flex and loose some of it's pitch like aluminum. Depending on what your motors rpm range is you may be able to run a little more prop on your rig, you loose about 200 rpm with every 1" pitch of prop. But you still want to stay on the recommended rpm range of the motor.

Thanks U.N. and Dusty,
Looks as though I could go to a 19" with little problem and stay in the rpm range. How's the hole shot under a load? Guess if I was that worried about speed I should have opted for a few more ponies. Thanks again for the input. Starman