• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tully Lake

Fished Tully from 11-5 p.m. and cut 4 to 4.5" of good black ice with just a dusting of snow on top. Winds were rough today but found some cooperating gills at 17.5 ft. Had 20 nice gills and caught 8 nice jack perch, 4 pickerel and a largemouth bass about 1.5 pds.

Heading to Tully in da morning for some bluegills, perch, largemouth, ciscoes, walleye, pickerel and maybe crappie. You just never know what you'll get out of that lake. I just topped off the power auger. It will be fun fishing with Dark Cloud and his Dad. Let's rip some holes boys...

Caught a dozen big sunfish, 2 crappie and a nice perch for the table. Also caught a largemouth bass and 3 pickerel. Dark Cloud had 10 big gills and a crappie., he also had a nice battle with a 24" cicsco but he got off. Jay's Dad John had 6 big sunfish. We ripped the lake with the power auger in 4 areas to the left of the launch. Easy walking with about 3" of snow on top and good footing.

Took the scenic route down to Tully today drove around Cazanovia and Deruyter lake and headed west to Tully. We didn't have any sun all day until the last hour or so before I left. The ice was still around 12" and still in decent shape as far as the shoreline goes. Had a great day most likely the last day I ice fish the season. Here's the report I fished 5' to 13.5' of water and caught gills all day long with 35 keepers, 8's or better and some really nice slammer purple hued blue gills. There was 3 other guys out there with me as well and I didn't need to cut a hole as I fished a bunch of old holes from the weekend and yesterday. Bobber Fry (Timmy's Jig) green glow was on fire today. Caught a small largemouth as well and got lucky and didn't hook a pickerel.

George as a family man I try to not think of planks and I have done waders just once and the one time I should have had my waders on I got wet. Let me know how it goes and maybe I will add a vacation day to that sick day. For no sun out there my face looks like a ripe tomato must be the wind burn. Hauled my fish trap out and fished in it a total of 20 min. all day. Nice day for hole hopping.