• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My boat seat is coming loose

Question

The front 3 screws, that hold my driver seat in place, seem to be striped from the floor board. I am a large person 6'5 and weigh 285 lbs. Any ideas on how to reinforce these screws?

2 answers to this question

Run three LONG bolts through your boat and use a washer and locknut on the outside bottom of the boat wink.gif

Just joshin' ya smile.gif

How about drilling out the holes a little larger in the pedestal and using larger bolts? (I assume they're lag bolts or large wood screws holding the pedestal to the wood floor)

Or, if you can unscrew the floor, lift the floor and add a metal plate on the underside and use bolts and nuts to hold the pedestal down. The metal plate would disperse the force across the wood more.

[This message has been edited by Dave (edited 10-04-2001).]

If at all possible try to acess the seat base from the bottom side. If the wood has not rotted install, a 1/4" X28 T-nut then renstall the base with stainless machine screws.

Rob