• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How do I...????

Fisher Dave

Question

HELP!!

I need to replace the points in a 1975/1978 Johnson 25 hp motor. This is my dad's boat, so I've never done this sort of thing. Can someone give me instructions, point me to a HSOforum, or as a last resort give me the name and # of a place I can take it to, near Faribault, so that I can have it ready to go by 8/23???

eyes317

3 answers to this question

Correct!

This motor will have a powerpack/coil ignition system.

If niether plug has spark, then you have a faulty powerpack.

If only one plug has spark, reverse the coil connections. If the same coil has no spark then you have a bad coil. If the opposite coil now has no spark you will need to look into the powerpack, starting with the lead wire going to the coil.

Keep us updated.

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by united jigsticker (edited 08-10-2003).]

HELP!!

I need to replace the points in a 1975/1978 Johnson 25 hp motor. This is my dad's boat, so I've never done this sort of thing. Can someone give me instructions, point me to a HSOforum, or as a last resort give me the name and # of a place I can take it to, near Faribault, so that I can have it ready to go by 8/23???

eyes317

Thanks for the replies, guys, as well as the info. I found a site that sells manuals, and I bought one, so hopefully I can figure it out. However, if someone wants to post a good place for me to take it if I can't, I'm "listening"...

eyes317