Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fisher Dave

How do I...????

4 posts in this topic

Im not even sure if that motor has points.. I have the same motor from the same year class... If your having a problem with spark its likely a coil problem.. they are in plain veiw if the year you stated is correct and self-explanitory for replacing.

If its not a spark problem its usually the carb.

Correct!

This motor will have a powerpack/coil ignition system.

If niether plug has spark, then you have a faulty powerpack.

If only one plug has spark, reverse the coil connections. If the same coil has no spark then you have a bad coil. If the opposite coil now has no spark you will need to look into the powerpack, starting with the lead wire going to the coil.

Keep us updated.

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
unitedjigsticker@aol.com

[This message has been edited by united jigsticker (edited 08-10-2003).]

HELP!!

I need to replace the points in a 1975/1978 Johnson 25 hp motor. This is my dad's boat, so I've never done this sort of thing. Can someone give me instructions, point me to a HSOforum, or as a last resort give me the name and # of a place I can take it to, near Faribault, so that I can have it ready to go by 8/23???

eyes317

Thanks for the replies, guys, as well as the info. I found a site that sells manuals, and I bought one, so hopefully I can figure it out. However, if someone wants to post a good place for me to take it if I can't, I'm "listening"...

eyes317