• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OVS 305- Underwater Camera-Good or Bad

Bushwacker

Question

Does anybody have any experience using the OVS 305 underwater camera. I have a chance to buy one brand new at just over $200. It seems like a good deal, but it doesn't have video out jacks to connect to a bigger tv in the permanent fish house. Is this too good of deal to pass up or should I just step up to the OVS 400 or 500 or go with Aqua-Vu? Looking for any advise I can get. Thank you in advance.
Bushwacker

4 answers to this question

i have a ovs 400 and would do about anything to have a 500. out on the ice it can take a bit to know what way the camera is facing under the water. other than that it has been one tool that will always give great info. learn alot about fish with mine.

the "funist" day of ice fishing i ever had was watching pike circle bait time and time again untill SMASH!

I would give OVS my highest endorsement. I don't have experience with the 300 series camera's but I love the 500. It has all the features I need both winter and summer. It is super durable, as it rides around in my boat all year. I fish some really rough lakes and it takes a big pounding.

If you really like to winter fish the rotating base is one of those things you have got to have. It is worth checking into. You will not be dissapointed!

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
www.millelacsguideservice.com