• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ambassadeur C3 5500??

Bobb-o

Question

I recently bought a used ambassadeur C3 but there is one slight problem with it.... The line guide keeps sticking on one side of the roller thingy. Is there any way to fix this or do i have to buy a new part for it?

------------------
"...And that person shall be known as the Tree Inspector"

6 answers to this question

You have to buy a new part or if ya got a abu cleaning kit (or something like that) they had one in there. I think it is a little part that fits into the track that moves the line back and forth. I had the same thing happen to my C3 5500 Reel. I think it happened b/c i cast with it all the time and it just wore out. It is easy to replace too.

------------------
Fish ON!

know of any places around the metro that would sell that part or the cleaning kit? preferably the eastern metro?

------------------

Hey Bobb-o:

You on drugs, buddy? tongue.gif There's a post on this very board a few lines down about the same problem. Look for "Reel winds on the left side" or something close to that, and you'll find salvation.

Although you may not need a new part of your screw is loose (on the reel, I mean; see post). grin.gif

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

Thanks for the help guys went to Tackle Plus and it turns out that it was the worm gear that was bad. now my reel works fine.

------------------