• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Introduction

Hello there fishnfil and welcome aboard Fishing Minnesota. Ice conditions in central New York didn't get any better today it rained all day which was a good thing for the winter entrance on Delta but not for other places. Looking forward to hitting the ice with you this year and getting some feedback from you on your new LX-3. I talked to our buddy that has the CPK jigs and he's working hard to get that stuff done for you it shouldn't be too long. Your the only one who knows that jig so he want's the straight [PoorWordUsage] from you on the prototypes. I'll keep you posted Phil and welcome...

Hey fishnfil, dad took a half today and we hit the ice this afternoon. Did well right before dark on some nice gills. Your gonna really like that lx-3. We got to use ours and no complaints yet. Everything was as expected and described. If you didnt get you spikes yet they are here. Dad wont be back to work till after the new year. So just give a hollar and stop by. This rain will hurt the ice a tad but weekend temps look like things will tighten right back up....

Hey just want to check in now that I am finally registered. No longer a lurker by habit. CNY Tim and I work in the same building so I trade lots of info with him. Started ice fishing on Otsego Lake with my Grandfather and Dad back when I was knee high to a tip up flag. However my real experience dates to about 1991 when the Air Force stationed me here. I am still learning and having fun . . . the most important part. Looking forward to sharing the experience and meeting all of you on the ice.

I think I finally figured out the new format. Hi all! Some of you will remember me as a moderator from last years board. I mainly fish the lakes along the I-81 corridor Cortland county (Tully, Goodale, Casterline, Song among others.) Yesterday 12/22 saw a guy out on Casterline with his dog...brave soul. Didn't have time to stop and chat but the ice must've been pretty thin. With the rain all of the above lakes had some open water on Thursday but may close back up after the weekend. I'll post again once ice has formed. Tight lines!

Frankie - Good to see you figure out that registration thing believe me your not the only one. I hear some guy in blue delivered gifts to you today? That anise stuff stinks I hope it drives the fish crazy. If that jig is supposed to be a realistic sized MayFly no wonder they hammer them they kind of got that pond crawdad look to them. R is sending me a list on the stuff and will settle up later. Merry Christmas!

Hi Frank, I am from Oneonta. Fished Goodyear and Otsego Lake when I was growing up. I remember catching those Otsego Bass on those things called spreaders. I too am now on Oneida Lake. We'll chart some more later.

Dark Cloud, that was pretty thin ice you and dad were on at first ice. I hope it was thicker this trip. I will pick up my spikes when I come back from Flordia. Leaving in the morning and will be back on New Years day. Probably won't fish that weekend but will get on the ice somewhere the following weekend. Happy holiday. Keep on finhin

SD, no snow yet. It is 45 degrees and raining. Yes , I am near the fingers. The lake I have a cottege on is not one of the fingers. However, it is the largest lake inside the borders of New York State. Great fishing for walleyes and not so bad for perch in the fall and winter.

Hi Frank, I travel route 81 every weekend heading to Oneida. I always see guys fishing on the pond or lake across from Little York. It looks like a fram pond, flows right under the road, is it a private pond or can anyone fish it?

Hi everyone,

Nice to see this NY forum taking off! I am from Western NY (Greece, NY) and I ice fish Silver (my main lake), Honeoye, Keuka, Conesus and the Greece Ponds, to name a few.

I was going to get out on Braddocks Bay, but yesterday's rain put an end to that. Looking forward to getting out soon and to try out my new Marcum LX3.

Are you guys east of me getting pounded by snow? Looks like the radar is showing a lot of the white stuff out that way.

Any one out there have any ice conditions from Loon Lake (Steuben County). It is one of the first lakes to freeze.

Take care and Merry Christmas!! blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

Hey Tim---I am ready and waiting! Jigs are all done and ready. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

John - I am happy the white stuff is staying north of Rome. Pulaski and Oswego I think are taking the brunt of it. Off till Thursday here. Maybe next Saturday will hit revlis if it's ready. I talked to ReelEmIn last night he likes what he saw with the LX-3 his focus was on the target seperation and he was impressed with seing the small perch below him clearly. He just had a couple of questions. Remember when zooming, tap the zoom once for 5' and twice for 10' and go right to your down arrow button and hold till you get the window where you want it.

I fired up the auger today with the new Amsoil mix I was telling you about. Wouldn't start until I took the choke off and then she fired first pull. I guess I won't have to worry about choking the carb on my Strikemaster LM-6 anymore. Amazing stuff that Amsoil Saber Professional synthetic is and super clean. Have a Merry Christmas!

fishnfil . . .my daughter is a junior at Hartwick. Maybe we can get together in Oneonta some time too. I fished the spreaders also on Otsego with the boat tied to a buouy off from the country club . . .looooong time ago!

Don't know where Little York is but maybe I was there. Are you talking aboutt the pond off 20? It has posted signs but I see people fish it all the time with access off of some kind of gravel launch. As you can tell . . a little lost on which ponds. CNYTIm might have the answer though.