• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Welcome Back

Welcome to the New York forum and welcome all whom visit. My name is Tim Rogers and I live in Rome, NY. I have been ice fishing (jigging) since 1997, so I'm fairly new to the sport but have had some success in catching fish. I travel to alot of fisheries in NY to ice fish and I will probably be near a town near you eventually this season. I am a card carrying member of the old Up-North Ice Shanty Gang and we have a wealth of knowledge and are willing to learn some new tricks as well. Welcome aboard to new and old friends we look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks Gissert looking forward to a fresh start with an emphasis on fun, knowledge and who knows maybe a get together like the old days. Looking forward to chatting you and your brother and dat WallEYES character. I am rejuvenated and energized to have the most absolute fun on the ice. No petty tit tats just fun with my friends and strengthening the ties that bind us.

Who ish ditcsh CNY TIM guy anywho's. I predict I will be in NY State in the next few months to visit long lost friends and to go to that trap attack on silver lake to test my new powered potato cannon(semi automatic) on the banks and see how many clams and traps I can take out.... I might have to change my name to da ice terrist.

WallEYES - I heard you was coming east from Jay or Dad. When you get to Silver lake aim that potato cannon to the north end of the lake. I'll bring the fryer and will make french fries or tator tots :^) Will need something to go with there fish after you blow the traps up! LOL

CNY Tim, Dark Cloud,

Nice to have you guys back. Looking forward to the good ol times that you Eastern folks bring us. Ice is firming up good around here now and I have managed to get out a few times. I’ll be happy when my lake gets a little more ice. Driving that small jeep size Polaris on 4” of ice is a little nervy for me. Welcome back boys!!

Bushwac - Polaris heck you and Dark Cloud will have plenty in common there. He is the only one I know of around here that's fished on top semi-comfortably. We have some really cold temps here again tonight so will see what tomorrow brings. Who knows I may push it and try for a little night crappie action tomorrow. The good thing is we have some light rain coming in and it will help with compressing the snow we have on the ice and the next blast of cold could seal the deal.

Hi there Roque Kid welcome to the NY board how's the situation on Oneida last time I drove by there saw some skim ice around the east end and I'm sure things have improved dramatically the last couple of nights. "Where you gonna go?" Make sure you tell Hendo were here.

LOL

Timmy, that was very-semi-comfortably on that sagging 2.5 inches. Im probably heading back there in a few hours with AB. Should be locked up tight after the temps the past few days.

Wack, Duff, Big Pihulak and others, good to hear from ya...

Just checking in, I wondered what happened to the NY forum, good to see it started back up. Will be trying Whitney Point friday if the rain doesn't mess it up. Too bad work interfers with fishing or I'd be heading out today.

jim T cool.gif

I hope you gained on some of that ice down there I might par take in some squeek cheek shuffleing this evening, There's just something calming as the sun goes down and it's quiet and the only thing you hear is the sultry calming sounds of a heater and sonar. I am at peace and I am home... :^) You home tommorrow I'll give you a jingle after 11 a.m.?