• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

i need advice if this is a good price or not

Question

I dont know if this is in the right place but heres my question. My dad is looking at a boat and he doesnt want to spend very much on it so we were looking at a 86 Lund Mr. Pike console with a 86 Suzuki oil injected motor. i would just like to know if this is a good price the guy is asking 4500 for it. the specs are this.
i think it is around 16 or 16'5"
60 hp Suzuki Oil injected
bow livewell
eagle flasher on console and lowrance flasher on bow.
it has a 2002 54lb thrust Minn kota Maxxum with a 24 volt system
i think that is about all the important stuff i would just like to know if thats a good price or not.
My dad also talked to his boss and his boss told him that some dealers say that, that model of suzuki oil injected engines are bad and they see alot that will blow up (not literally) or just kind of break down bad. Do any of you guys have any expierience with these motors or do you know if they are nice or not? sorry about the long post but thank you very much for any info.
the boat also comes with a Yacht club bunk trailer.
Walleyemaster

[This message has been edited by Walleyemaster12 (edited 07-27-2003).]

5 answers to this question

I think you should shop around. Check the NADA value guide. I see old Lund pike boats like you're describing selling for 24-2800 range in my area all the time.

fiskyknut

Sounds high to me as well... Usually you'll pay more than NADA on used boats from what I've seen, but you should be closer than you are. Maybe 3k...

I think it's high too, especially this time of the year. I have almost same boat for sale and I am asking $2,000 less.

I would shop around, NADA is not much help, they really mess up trades in Minnesota, and their quotes many times are way too low or way too high.