• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

? for Hemlock

We usually fish crappies and walleyes on sabaskong bay, we were talking about spending a day of fishing for lakers on whitefish bay too. Do we need to ditch all of our bait before entering whitefish bay, only barbless hooks on our person? Don't have the Ontario regs yet so curious if you can answer our questions. If I remember right the regulations are quite restrictive. Thanks for any info.

jerkin'm, that question came up last spring for me. We were fishing lakers in Whitefish Bay and I was curious to know, what if we had live bait/barbs/etc. on us becuase we were going to run up the lake to fish walleyes after lunch. I called the MNR here and they told me that as long as it wasn't in the water or being used, that we would be fine. CO's are real people too and I think common sense would prevail. Having said that, that is just one encounter I've had with a CO over the phone, and I'm not guaranteeing anything. wink.gif I think you should be fine. Good luck and let me know when you are going, I might be out on the lake.

Wiskers, I have not been out yet. Sleds and four wheelers have been out, and I've been too busy. Ice is getting some meat to it these days. It's really getting cold at night 5 to ten below F. Good luck at Selkirk.