• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

need help on old lures

ethan77

Question

I have two of these pike minnows.... one is dat9-17-20 and the other has no date on it.... both are wood.... and one is jointed... does anyone have any idea what they are worth or where I can go to find out how much they are worth???
Thanks a bunch

2 answers to this question

I don't know where to go, but have a wooden jointed shallow diving frog that has trebles on each leg. Way old and classic to use. There is teeth marks on it so a Northern or two bite on it. I never used it and I've had it for about ten yrs now. Got it at some garage sale.

Do a Yahoo search using "antique tackle", "antique lures", "vintage lures", "lure collecting", ect. There are a bunch of sites with a ton of info out there. Aside from guiding and my bait trapping business I am a parttime "picker" and my best money makers are old pieces of tackle that I find here and there and resell on HSOList. I have found old tackle boxes at garage/yard sales which I have picked up for peanuts which are full of treasures mixed in with junk. I've found boxes which I have paid 5 to 10 dollars for, cleaned up some of the valueable lures and made hundreds off the box! Amazing what folks will pay for some of those collectable old lures. Take a peek at the antique/vintage tackle section on HSOList and you'll see what I mean. I've seen certain old Muskie lures that sell well into the thousands of dollars. I'm still waiting to find an old metal tacklebox full of these! Condition and originality of the lure is relavent to its value, rarity of the partcular color of the lure, as well as whether or not you have the original box, heck I've seen just the empty old boxes for certain lures sell into the hundreds of dollars for that matter.

Fisky