• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund Explorer 1675 SS

tjsker

Question

Does anyone have this model? How do you like it? Is it too heavy to launch/pull-out on sand? How underpowered would it be with a 50hp outboard? I can get a 2003 boat, trailer and 50hp Yamaha for $11,000, is that ballpark?

5 answers to this question

Bought the same rig last year with a 80 yami 4-stroke. 80 has more than enough power even with 3 guy and a full tank of gas. 27 gal who needs 27 gallon tank these days? I paid 13,200. The 50 may be slightly underpowered but if hey a boat is a boat.

My biggest concern is the weight. There are some lakes in Canada where the launch is nothing but sand, and I don't want find out that it's too heavy to pull the boat out.

[This message has been edited by tjsker (edited 07-16-2003).]

if that is your concern i had a 1650 rebel with a 40 hp merc and took that rig to remote areas of canada and it worked great!!!
or get a 14' rig for the canada trips and get a explorer for the recreational use thats what i did!! good luck

Just priced out a 2004 1700 explorer 115 Yamaha 4 stroke Nice boats.. longer and nicer than the 1675.. Not sure if I should buy it now or wait till spring.. Have to wait 4 weeks for it to be built..