• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mud Motors? Opinions About?

Aquaman01

Question

Hi,
Anybody have any experience with these Mud Motors that are marketed for duck/swamp/marsh boats? I am cuious about their applications on a jon-boat, on rivers. (of course! grin.gif)

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

2 answers to this question

I checked into them a few years back.They will definately go where no boat can go even a jet.They are the best swamp next to a fan boat.
But for the river I don't think so.You have to stand in a jon boat to drive the thing and to steer it you need to turn the entire motor.Also they do not perform well unless the boat is equiped with planing pontoons.These are "boxes" attached to the stern of your boat to give it more stability and aid in planning.More cost.If your looking at a small river rig for just you and a buddy go with a jon and outboard jet.If your looking for a family boat or to fish with more than a couple guys or want to get Anywhere on the river,I can think of no safer boat than...well you know...River Pro.

Aquaman,

We use a Beavertail on a 12ft. Duck Boat. It works well even in 3-4" of water and mud. It works great for Hunting but I wouldn't consider using it for fishing if that's what you're thinking.

They are tough to steer, they're loud and not meant for fishing applications.

------------------
Chells