Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doonbuggy

Trolling Motor Batteries - recharging

4 posts in this topic

I have a two year old trolling motor battery. I use a regular Exide recharger (regular plug-in type)

It seems that this year it really takes a long time to recharge the battery. It was very low on Sunday and it has been recharging all week, but it still is not near a 100% charge.

Is the battery bad, just taking a long time b/c it was very low, or is the charger itself gone bad? Or do I just need patience?

This is a big battery - perhaps it needs a few days charging to get to full? Also, do you put the clips on the bigger terminals or the smaller terminals that you screw down the connections?

Thanks for any input.

Check your fluid level. Add distilled water if needed.

CHECK FLUIDS AND TRY A NEW STAYNCHARGE UNIT THAT YOU CAN TRY FOR 90 DAYS OR MONEY BACK. YOU CAN BUY FROM THIS SITE. GOOD LUCK

------------------
JIM PAYNE

i agree with checking the water level, and making sure that your contacts are good. if those are good, take your boat or just the battery to a shop and have it checked. this way you will know for shure if it is the battery or your charger. del