• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Single Vs Dual Console

Question

I currently have a single console boat. I am going to buy a bigger boat and I am wondering if dual is the way to go? Or will the extra console take up too much space?
I am looking at the 1850 Fish Hawk series.

I mostly fish alone, BUT, when I have friends join me, boy do they look uncomfortable or they are actually laying down on the floor to get out of the wind. Then again, I hear the second console really does not provide too much protection becuase the person actually has to put their head in the knees to avoid any wind and rain....

Thoughts?

6 answers to this question

I went from dual console bass boats to dual deep-vees to single deep-vees. The single deep-vee is my personal boat and I love it! Awesome room and a nice platform for my electronic gadgets on the console side. Nice thing about the deep-vee is the passenger can spin the seat around backwards to protect themselves from the wind and rain. Can't do that in a bass boat! I only miss the dual console in very cold weather. It would be nice to have a bimini enclosure for those conditions. But in general, the single console is a true fishing machine. See a pic of my modified floorplan at this site.

http://muskie.HotSpotOutdoors.com/board/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=71&currentpos=3

------------------
...if I only had more time off!...
Dawg

[This message has been edited by stephendawg (edited 07-10-2003).]

I have a single and my next boat will be a dual, no doubt. Watching my passengers blowing in the wind doesn't look like fun. I don't like full windshields, but those are nice on big waters. The second console will provide the same amount of protection as the driver's console IMO.

Plus if I am alone fishing in a dual console, the empty spot behind the console is a great place to stick my tackle box and other gear so keep an eye on it on the rough days.

i have a single too, and my next one will be a dual or full wind shield. don't like getttng cussed out when running in the rail!! if you have a gal along especially! they don't like having thier hair messed up. ( i guess!) del

I too have a single console and on those windy rainy days I get some real nasty looks from my passenger (the wife). So a split windshield boat is in the works for next year. I don't really like giving up the room but there are times the extra protection from the elements would be nice.

I've had a few different styles and come to think the best style for me is the dual console but not the full windshield. The full windshield is nice in really bad weather but hot on sunny days. Currently I got a tiller that really doesn't have that much more storage than a well laid out dual console. The extra floor space doesn't justify the long runs in spring and fall when the temps dip. Besides the wife and fishing buddies are alot less crabby when they are comfortable. My next boats will all be dual consoles.