• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lead molds

AaronM

Question

I need help. When I'm pouring lead molds for inline trolling sinkers, it always shows a little of the gold insert along the side. What am I doing wrong? Happy fishing.

3 answers to this question

This may be due to a cold mold (not pre-heated). Pour some *blanks* until your mold gets hot... harder to handle but the pours most always come out better when pouring heavier items.. This is the same thing that will cause mysterious holes in sinkers .. etc.

Your lead could be the problem also .. use Marvelux® or a similar product and mix your lead to be sure to have a steady consistancy.

Another thing it could be is an insert the wrong size, or put in impropery .. or holding the mold at a slight angle.

Make sure your molds hot, your lead is very hot .. and figure it out from there.

Thanks for the tips. My led was as hot as I felt safe to go. Also my molds were hot(I learned the hard way shocked.gif ) Im thinking my inserts are the culprit. But what is Marvelux and what does it do? Thanks again and happy fishing.

[This message has been edited by fishingfrenzy (edited 07-08-2003).]