• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MinnKota Corded Auto-Pilot

pengy

Question

Just a tip for other owners of MinnKota's new corded auto-pilot control. I put my motor down and all the controls would work except the motor would not come on. I took the control apart and found a wire that was smashed behind the switch that controls the rotation. At the time, I spliced the wire to make it work. After several e-mails to MinnKota they directed me to an ASC and they replaced the unit. However, before I left there I had them take it apart (the control) to check to see if the wires were smashed behind the switch and they were!! Since the unit had not been used, we were able to re-route the wires before they got broken. Granted this is only two units with the same problem but maybe others could check theirs before they have a problem.

3 answers to this question

Is that for the auto, or did you mean copilot?
If you meant copilot, I was think of getting one of them myself, but cant decide since the cordless remote style is only $50 more.

I'm talking about the corded co-pilot. It basically replaces the foot control with a unit you operate by hand. (I always did operate my foot control using my hands anyway. I had the foot control mounted on top of my console.) It is a great innovation over the foot control because you just operate some rocker switches by hand and the speed control is a thumbwheel rheostat. The only thing MinnKota missed doing right is putting an "on-off" switch for the autopilot on the control box. That would have been very convenient.

heh, heh, I hear ya, I always operate the foot control the same way, its just easier.

Thanks for the heads up, I think I will get the cordless copilot.
thanks