• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

tent recommedation

fishing addict

Question

9 answers to this question

If you are looking to have the tent last for many years, and do not want to break the bank, I would recommend a Eureka tent, they have several models in that size. Check out campmor on the internet for price/style/specs/info.

I'll second the plug for Eureka tents.

I have a 4 man that is about 17 years old. My parents had it before I did, and it was still keeping me dry last summer.

This tent has survived several rain soaked Apple River trips, and my tent was often the only dry one in camp.

Stay away from the cheaper department store tents. Also, a tent may say sleeps six, but in reality there just might be room for four. I use a Eureka 4 man for the Mrs. and I, and a Eureka 2 man for solo trips. Eureka tents are the best bang for your buck.

I would second that caution regarding the big box store tents, if this is a one time thing or that is all you can afford, they will work, but the quality is not there to be storm proof and durable.

I have a Kelty that I like. Light, quick and durable. Something to consider, for packability and not keeping all your eggs in one basket so to speak, is a pair of smaller tents rather than one big one.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

Here's one more vote for Eureka. If you visit their HSOforum you can get some of their stuff at clearance prices ... some is overstock other is factory seconds. I bought a $600 list price tent for about $220 ... same thing goes for about $399 - $499 in discount sporting good stores. Great deals on great stuff ...

If you're looking for a one time fix, consider calling a BWCA outfitter and just rent a 6-man for your trip. The cost is fairly reasonable and they usually carry light and durable brands. Just a thought...

* Did you post this Q in the BWCA section too? - nevermind. Just saw your post. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Blaze (edited 07-02-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Blaze (edited 07-02-2003).]