• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WORM ROD SHOCKER

fishinbabe

Question

5 answers to this question

I can't tell you how, but I believe I saw this covered under a similar topic on this forum a while back. Try running a search on "worm probe" and see what comes up.

[This message has been edited by yellowsubmarine (edited 07-01-2003).]

Just take an extension cord. cut the female end off separate the two wires and solder(sp) the ends to a couple of steel rods about three ft long. When complete, push into ground (while they are unplugged of course) and plug them in. Give them about twenty minutes to work. push them in about three to four ft apart.

[This message has been edited by Chris Haley (edited 07-01-2003).]

Actualy all you need to do is flaten the end of a coat hanger, so it will fit into ONE side of the female end of your extention cord. make sure it fits loose enough to pull off the hanger easily. poke the hanger in the ground, then put the extention cord on then plug it in. Before you move to a different spot take the cord off the hanger first. if you have watered the lawn pryor to doing this, you will feel some tingle when pulling worms or kneeling etc.

But! "boiled" nightcrawlers, wont live as long. Easier to go out after dark, then pic em!

I think if you do as stated above you may blow fuses or breakers as that would make a short.

[This message has been edited by minneman (edited 07-01-2003).]

I had a commercial "electric worm getter" that I picked up at a garage sale a few years back...thing was probably made in the mid 50's(southbend)....paid a buck for it...anyway ...I had heard they work pretty good so I was anxious to try it out...after a rain one morning I ventured out on my lawn...got an extention cord...plugged the thing in....well I'll tell you what!...the only thing missing was the electric chair!...lol...I'm here to tell you I'm lucky I'm still here to be writing this ...lol!...(my wife witnessed the whole thing...she almost was a widow...lol!)...ever wonder why you don't see these electric worm getters on the shelves in the stores? ....I'm the reason...ha! ha!personally ...I think there a good way to commit suicide...lol!...yup I did see some night crawlers half cooked on the lawn after that...limpless things that they were...lol!...I'll get my nightcrawlers with a flashlight at night thankyou....or a couple bucks in a store...thanks jon