• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailer Loading Guides

Question

Looking for any advice.

I have 17 foot Lund Mr. Pike on a Karavan trailer and I'm looking to add some load guides. Anyone with any experience and or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

You'll have a wide choice of them, they all bolt or clamp on with U-Bolts to your trailer.
I had bad experience with the single post and PVC tube, they flex too much when boat is loading, and don't keep it in line, but it was also a heavy boat.
Double brackets with longitudinal bunk are my favorite, but they carry a hefty price.

I would stay away from the ones with a long plastic roller, they tend to leave marks on your boat.

[This message has been edited by Valv (edited 06-27-2003).]

After several difficult times trying to load our 1890 Lund, we ordered the bunk guide-ons from Cabela's. We ordered the one with the 1 1/2" square steel tubing for $89.99. We couldn't be more satisfied with them, wish we would have done it a long time ago.

Thanks for the info. Lucky, I had actually given some thought to making some. Any suggestion on where to look to get an idea on a pattern to follow.

Thanks!