• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Current Ice Report

Rick

Ice conditions-Brainerd Area

We have 1-3 inches on many of the smaller waters in the area. Gull Lake is wide open yet but Round froze over last night. North Long has some ice as well as Mission, and some of the smaller lakes on the Gull Chain. If you try it this weekend use extreme caution, the forcast looks very good next week so we should be going strong by the following weekend. Good Luck and be safe!

Jason Erlandson

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went out to try a small lake in Eagan and found out I brought the wrong gear. It was iced over 2 to 3 inches. Guess I will ice fish Sunday. I also was out at Prior Lake yesterday. North access wide open. South access was iced over slightly. Prayin to the fish Gods for ice.

I fished a little pond south west of Cannon Falls today. I only caught 3 perch and 1 crappie. I was just glade to be ice fishing again. I am heading out again to catch a few more.

There are few ponds that have fish able ice in the area. But no lakes yet.

Fishing was good. Decent ice about 3 inches now. Harder to find waxies than it was to catch fish. Saw a lot of people out on the smaller southern Polk CO lakes yesterday.

doubledge

Not a bit and no chance in sight. I drove over to the Indian Lake landing yesterday and walked out about 4 feet. Open water out about 20 foot from the landing. Kinda Sucks

"Your bobbers down!"

opsirc,

As of last night, fish had between four and five inches. There were several four wheelers and a snowmobile out there as well. It seemed a little early IMO for the machines, since the warming and refreezing we've had hasn't made the best ice, but there is a decent ammount, and its been staying cold. If we didn't have so much snow, there'd be a lot more ice though.