• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Current Ice Report

Rick

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone driving out on North Center in Lindstrom? I'd like to hit that lake, but don't want to walk to the other side, and I'd rather not take the hovercraft. Never pulled a portable behind it before, but I will if need be.

The Annual Non-res. lic. is $60., 3-day$32., 1-day$12.,Fishing on Waubay is up at northeast corner called Buckshots, and School bus landing, I am not sure where that is at, Good Motels in Waubay and Webster SD. Have fun.

I just got done moving my house to a fresh spot. It had two open holes that were getting big with the wind blowing under the house. The rest of the ice on the lake was good and froze. There were even some people driving out there. I marked the holes with some branches so watch out for them. grin.gif

12 solid inches on Crooked Lake (Coon Rapids) where the deep hole is by the old swimming beach.

Not much traffic out there today. Between two of us the only bite was on one of the tipups (and not mine). Never did see a fish though.

Fished Winnie over the new years dec.30 till the jan.3 fishing was good at times bad at times also weather wasnt the best, did get to catch some eyes, perch and northern had a little better luck on bowstring, did well on ball club also , on winnie i found from 10 inches of ice up to 16 drove every where with 3/4 ton chev pickup (only cause the 4 wheeler broke) but i would still use lots of caution !!!!!!!!! NO ICE IS SAFE ICE!!!!!!!! i got around ok on sunday and monday with the new snow, but its getting harder .... Good Luck to all the tourny go'ers,,, "ll see you all in Hayward ,WI

--------------------

2 Handed Jigger

cool.gif

Remember that even though we have good Ice now there will always be a chance of thin areas. I just got the news that a friend was found this morning, his truck went through the ice on Pelican lake near Ashby. I think he got lost in the fog the other night. We grew up fishing and hunting this lake, just goes to show that ice is never completely safe.

fisherking, so sorry to hear about your friend. that sucks.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I went out on Long Lake (NB) last night. Refused to drive on the ice although there were a couple SUV's and some full-sized trucks out there making (Contact US Regarding This Word) out of themselves by sliding all over the place. As I walked down the ramp, sled in tow, I came across an entire row of fairly fresh holes, all of which were between 1 and 2 feet apart. Hit one hole with my spud bar and broke through on the first hit. No way I'd want to drive over that weakened area when there's only a foot of ice.

I am equally sorry about your friend fisherking. We bought a place on Pelican last spring and were bummed to hear of this news. Everyone up in the Ashby-Evansville-Brandon are good folks and I know this had hit everyone hard. My best to you in this tough time.