• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey Val can you help me

basser

Question

I have a 5hp mariner 2 stroke that Im trying to determine the age of. There are no tags anywhere on it ,any idea how I can find out? It looks newer ,maybe 80's, Im not sure though. I need to get a new gas line and there isnt an old one to compare the fitting to. Thanks, Dan

3 answers to this question

Dan,

I wish I could help you, but it's impossible to understand what it is without more details.

Can you send me a picture ? Usually serial # on Mercs/Mariners is on left side of transom mount, or in middle, right around steering tube.

basser...

I have the same motor sitting here and is from the 80's or early 90's (not neccessarily same age).

My motor takes a Yamaha fuel line. I seem to remember having an older mariner that had a mercury fitting. It should be one or the other.

Buy a fuel line at Wal-mart .. if its the wrong one they will let you return/exchange it.

Thanks guys, I found the serial # and went to a merc dealer, its a 94, thanks for the help.

[This message has been edited by basser (edited 06-23-2003).]