Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
petefish

1993 Alumacraft Competitor

Been looking at a used Competitor 170. This has a Yamaha pro60 outboard.Anyone have any comments on this boat and motor combination?Are these reliable motors? how do they troll? Is this enough horsepower? Boat is in good shape with depth finder,2 trolling motors snap cover and shorelander bunk trailer.price is $5500 is this reasonable ? thanks

I had a 94 Competitor 170 with a 60 Evinrude tiller and that was what the boat was rated for. Went about 32 mph tops and performed well. It was an excellent boat for 99% of the weather I fished. Mine was in excellent condition, wave wackers, 2 trolling motors,
Shorelander roller trailer and I took 6200. Was expecting a bit more but I needed to move it out for the new boat. 5500 sounds reasonable.

I would run, not walk to the guy selling this boat and give him an extra couple $100 for such a great deal. This is a steal at $5500. I looked at three 1992 Competitor 170CS last fall and they were all from $5500-$6200. I bought one with a 60hp Johnson and I absolutely love it. Alumacraft was ahead of its time with the design of these boats. I plan on keeping this boat for a long time. I do wish I had a bigger motor though. 60hp is fine, but mine is rated for 100hp and I think that would fly across the lake. I love the boat and recommend it.

My pops runs a 88 competitor with a 60 merc. I love the boat and think you will be happy with it, his will only do about 26 mph but that 94 mer is a real dog! Originally he had a 55 suzuki on it and it would do about 36 mph. hope that helps.