Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LunkerBaitCo

Tansducer Clicking Noise

5 posts in this topic

My rear Lowrance has its transducer mounted inside on the hull (fiberglass), and recently I started to hear it making a clicking sound. The graph works fine, but the noise concerned me, as I'd never heard it on other graphs. I called the Lowrance Tech Support, and they said that was normal, no problem. I asked if it might scare the fish off, and they saids no, likening it to a dog whistle in reverse i.e., we can hear it by the fish cannot. Anyone have any information or thoughts on this. I'm not sure I'm convinced this is okay, yet. Thanks.

This is normal, must just mean your hearing has gotten better! Great for you!

If you cranked your sensitivity up, then the "clicking" you hear can be a result of that.

------------------
-FNC

"If I had a job... I'd quit it."

Sonar is timeing a sound wave from a source to an obstruction and back(fish,bottom weeds)if it quits making noise you have a problem.Good luck

Thanks for the advice and shot of confidence. I could never hear this on previous LCR transducers, so it seemed strange, but I guess its not.