• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance X-87 Problems

chief

Question

To All,

Has anyone, personally, had problems with this unit's temp signal continually flashing "32.0" degrees? Have you also experienced water depth readouts in excess of 400 feet on metro area lakes?

My new unit was "professionally" installed on a new boat, and it's driving me nuts. There are less than 20 hours on it. Both Lowrance and the dealer are pointing their fingers at each other.

A little birdie told me this bugaboo is well known in this unit. Heeeeellp!

6 answers to this question

I have the X-87 and the flashing 32 deg. on mine is for a second temp sensor for you boat that you can rig up, say if you added a bow transducer, you could rig up the second temp. I have had trouble getting some nice arches to show up though, I have to play with the sensitivty more.

To All,

I wasn't willing to endure all the various excuses--either from Lowrance, or the dealer. So......I insisted on a new transducer (remember, it was only three weeks old). Things are working fine now.

P.S. A long time, well known tournament angler personally informs me that his fellow anglers accept similar X-87 problems as an occasional fact of life. He further states that Lowrance is decent about fixing (at no charge) software glitches originating in the unit itself. Unfortunately, most transducer repairs come out of your own pocket.

I have two x-87's on my boat, the one on the bow that doesn't have a temp sensor always flashes 32 and when I take the trolling motor out of the water the built in transducer must read forward to a "point" and then the depth will be incorrect after I put the trolling motor back in it corrects itself. the depth finder on my console has shown some incorrect depths especially after running about 60mph across the lake. Usually it corrects itself but there have been times when I have to turn it off and then on to reset it. Other than those things no problems.