Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

LUND Explorer 1675 SS owners?

15 posts in this topic

well, I'm breaking down and looking at some Lund boats now. I'm wondering how have you guys been liking your 1675 (or similar model). And what size motor works good for you. The dealership wants to put a 2stroke yamaha 90horse on it, but I am a Mercury fan so I am considering a 75 horse 4 stroke or the new Optimax 75. I also like the evinrude FICHT 75 thats available. I see that the tiller model maxes at 75 HP and the console model is at 90HP.
I sure would think 75HP would be sufficient for this boat, they even show an Evinrude FICHT 75 in the brochure.

any opinions will be greatly appreciated, I want to be most educated before spending 14 Grand.

Shawn

------------------
The Warrior is back, and he's packin a new grill.

Shawn, I had a '97 Explorer 1650 w console for few months, it had a Suzuki 40hp. One of the best boats I ever had. It was smooth and great on big waters too. Excellent with gas and it topped at 38mph.
I assume a 75hp will be plenty sufficient to push a 1675 boat fast and have a load on it.

Congratulations, great boat, if I could do it again I would keep boat forever.

I purchased the 1675 SS console with a 4 stroke 75 Yamaha this spring and I absolutely love it. It has plenty of room in it for 3 guys to fish. The 75hp is enough for me but I am never in a big hurry to get anywhere.

Greg

i also got a 1675 explorer with a yamaha 75 four stroke (but mine is a tiller) it is a awsome rig for the money 13,300 before options and uncle sam good luck hope you find what you are looking for!!!

I have a 2001 1675 SS w/Yamaha 80 4 Stroke. I have been happy with it but am going to get a Ranger to replace it because I have started to focus more on bass and I like the ride in a glass boat a bit better. GPS speed is 38mph. I really like the motor and if was going to do it over again I would go with a 90 horse,I think that is the max rating. Overall a very good boat and I would recommend it to anyone. Let me know if you have any specific questions about the boat or performance. Good Luck!!

Pherris,

which Ranger are you looking for ?

I have a 2002 619 VS I might think to sell, shoot me an email.

valv@kvesurplus.com

Better jump quick if you want a 1675 Explorer before the 2003 models are gone. Lund no longer makes that model. They changed it to a 17 foot boat (1700). Same width, just longer. They also changed the 1650 from 81.5" to 85" wide. The 1700 is now rated for up to 140 hp, not sure on the 1600, we haven't rec'd a new one in yet and Lund hasn't supplied us with the new specs yet. Great boats though!! Satchmo

I purchase the 03'1675 Explorer (Tiller) this year and abslutley love my new rig. I had a 70hp Yamaha 2-stroke put on and she tops out around 38-40mph. Plenty of room for 2-3 guys with all your gear. Get the Yamaha, you won't be sorry.

well thats funny my lund dealer here in fargo said wait for the 2004 model because they made it a lil nicer. Thing is I want the IPS hull if im going to shell out the money.

And about the yamaha motors, I like them but cannot understand why I should buy a carbureted 2stroke. It just seems like common sense to go to a 4 stroke motor, or at least a direct injected 2 stroke. If Yamaha made a 90 horse 2 stroke with similar injection as to the HPDI, FICHT or OptiMax I would go for it in a heartbeat. But were in an era where the carburetor should be dead.

Shawn

PS. Im still not ruling out the Crestliner 17footer either, just been hearing about people having problems with floor rot.

What about the MR. Pike models, anybody know much about them?

Im in Fargo North Dakota.

What makes the mr pike different that an explorer, fisherman or the other 16 to 17 foot side console models that lund offers.

I dont understand lund, they could cut their models in half and produce more boats of less variations more efficiently. It would even probably bring prices down a lil cause they dont have to retool for 67 different models.

It just dosent make sense, how many variations of a 16 foot boat do you really need.

Shawn

BBQ,

Located in the Cities, don't get up near Fargo often. Best answer I could give you is to check out Lunds HSOforum and look at the specs for each boat. I know what you mean about all the small variations........ Doesn't make sense to me at times either

------------------
Paul
PWaldowski@comcast.net