• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ranger gun

Snowking

Question

i bought a 12 gauge ranger and when you look down the barrel it looks like it has metal fragment down where the bullet gos. I was thinking maybe someone shot steel threw it? Is this normal for an old gun to have this? is it safe to shoot? thanks snowking

6 answers to this question

Why would it matter if steel was shot through it? I have the same gun and I have shot steel through it many times and I haven't had this problem. You can't shoot lead at ducks.

I saw a 12 ga. years ago that a guy tried to make his own steel shot shells for. He reloaded some shells using small ball bearings instead of steel shot. One shot was all it took to ruin the barrel. You might want to have a good gun smith look at it before you shoot it.

Snowking-

That is a good point, I didn't think about that. I bought mine when I was a kid probably sometime in early 80's. I have shot steel through it for many years without problems, though. I guess I would agree with having a gun smith looking at it though.