Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chow

A couple last questions on Pro V rigging 1775?

6 posts in this topic

I am getting very close to begin talking with dealers in the area. (twin cities area.) I know basically what I want 1775 pro V single console (1355lbs) with Suzuki DF140 (410 lbs) (32 gal tank full = 208 lbs). Two questions I have are:

1) I like the Minnkota Powerdrive 65 lbs thrust with Auto pilot and universal sonar for this setup. The question is should I go with 54" or 60" shaft?

2) What trailer would be best for this rig? Bunk or roller and brand? How many pound capacity? I know I forgot batteries - 3, plus gear and other items but the biggies above add up to 1973lbs (I will have to trailer this boat 100% of the time. I do not live on a lake and the boat will spend all the time on the trailer while not in the lake. Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Chow,

I have essentially the same rig you are lookin at. 2002 1775 with Yamaha V-Max 150 HPDI. I have a Maxxum with a 54" shaft that is OK most of the time but when it gets windy I periodically wish I'd bought the 60" shaft. Get the 60" shaft.... I have a 2800 pound roller trailer under mine that has served me well. Mine also spends it's whole life on the trailer. No problems. If you're considering late model used rigs, I'm considering selling mine for something a little larger. This is my second 1775, they are a great boat for the money.

It sounds like you're going to go 24 Volt rigging? Get the most amount of thrust you can for a 24v Motor.

As for the trailer--I have a PROV 1800 with a 3200lb. Shorelander roller with brakes because I tow my boat all the time, I load the boat onto the trailer myself (drive it right on). I "cringe" at the sight of all the people I see on the highway towing at 75mph with inadequate trailers--it's so dangerous to them and others!

If you do anything, buy at least a 3100lb. for the weight you're towing around--you won't be sorry. Shorelander makes the best trailer on the road imop.

------------------
Chells

On the other end, you don't want to go way over on your trailer to boat weight. A 3200 lb trailer on a 1775 is too much. I was told by a dealer that it can actually damage your boat because the trailer springs will not "give" under the lighter boat load. 2800 pound if your boat is fully loaded would be better. You want to match your boat weight to the trailer rating, that's why they make different trailer options. Make sure you get the 14" wheels, as metioned above alot of highway travel is in excess of 65 70 mph and that will severely stress a smaller trailer wheel and bearings. And I would highly recommend the 60" shaft. You won't be sorry for the few extra bucks.

Nice set-up. I really like my Suzy 140 4S so far. Go with the 60". I'd also recommend a trailer w/brakes and follow the 80% rule.

60" shaft(you won't regret it).
I also like your Idea on the Suzuki. I have only run 1 55 hp a few years ago, but it was a awsome motor!
As far as trailers, bunks can be a little tough to get a big boat out of the wiater with given MN's typical shallow landings. I have a EZ Loader and love it. Not sure what to say on the proper weight though. Personally I would get the 18 foot pro v so the front floor is cut straight, I would be triping and banging my shins and feet on the rod compartment all the time on the 1775.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Where did the 7 million come from to save the jobs?  My understanding it came from tax subsidies from the state of Indiana, if that's true it would seem to me that Trump would of had nothing to say about it and he is not empowered yet to be bailing out companies. Sounds to me as if this whole thing was probably hashed out and settled a long time ago and this is just a See how I keep my promise that Carrier wasn't going to go to Mexico.
    • I suspect she had help with that article   
    • The guy at Scheels told me the new battery fits the old model augers.  I've got the original Ion as well and asked about it.  Verify, but that's what I was told. 
    • It's been a joke forever but I guess if you are a believer then you don't find it funny. I highly doubt "most people believe" but it's not like they have truly been given any options. The parties are breaking up right in front of our eyes, it is very entertaining to watch. I suspect they don't last 10 more years at this rate.
    • Sorel Pac Boot.  My search ended on those 15 years ago.  I haven't battled cold feet ever since.  No need for special fabric or battery powered socks or toe warmers.    I have to also mention, understand the body's thermal system.  Long ago, Modern Marvels did a show on it.  The short version is that you have to keep your core and vital organs warm.  Then your body will send surplus heat to your head, fingers, toes, and other regions you wish didn't sweat so much.  Big part of that is blocking the wind. 
    • Food plots are no more threat than farm fields or logged land.  If you're really concerned about food plots spreading CWD, you better get on the horn with the University of MN ag program and urge them to kill off their cover crop program and quit promoting the idea to farmers.  And bait piles, should farmers should be fined for missing the silage wagon with the chopper, or the semi with the grain auger?  Should it then be illegal to no-till farm?  Should alfalfa be banned completely from agriculture?    This whole thing is a joke predicated on shaky at best science driven by fear.  Eat that deer, it could kill you.  If you don't shoot every deer, it could kill you.  If you enjoy your hunt, you have too many deer.  It's just too convenient they found 2 positives right in the middle of the two zones they've been trying to clean out for years.  Ten tags per guy didn't do it I guess, so they decided to pull out the nuclear option.    Meanwhile, no monitoring is being done on the Wisconsin border from the twin cities to Duluth where WI has border counties with CWD.  So I ask, are they really trying to stop the spread?   MN banned the import of carcass parts from out of state months earlier.  Were they really serious about preventing infected animal parts from entering the state?  Because it sure seems like there was zero effort to police the borders or even get some messaging up along the main roads.    So, we're left to draw one of two conclusions.  They're either very poor at running a conspiracy, or they're completely unqualified to tackle this threat.  Either way, I see no reason to put any faith in what the DNR says or does.  I'm not going to shoot a doe and neither is anyone else in my party.  And I will champion that message to every person that will listen. 
    • There is no way whatsoever the queen of word salads put together and uttered that sentence.
    • Glad to hear, now any insights as to how the carrier deal is helping to save our country?
    • Nope,. Doing well.  Trump will be President and my vote helped save the country.      
    • Well, if you assume the govt is better off giving tax breaks to one company to keep 1000 jobs, then you should be able to safely assume they would also be better off to give all companies tax breaks to keep jobs here..   Why single out one company for special treatment?
  • Our Sponsors