Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
chow

A couple last questions on Pro V rigging 1775?

I am getting very close to begin talking with dealers in the area. (twin cities area.) I know basically what I want 1775 pro V single console (1355lbs) with Suzuki DF140 (410 lbs) (32 gal tank full = 208 lbs). Two questions I have are:

1) I like the Minnkota Powerdrive 65 lbs thrust with Auto pilot and universal sonar for this setup. The question is should I go with 54" or 60" shaft?

2) What trailer would be best for this rig? Bunk or roller and brand? How many pound capacity? I know I forgot batteries - 3, plus gear and other items but the biggies above add up to 1973lbs (I will have to trailer this boat 100% of the time. I do not live on a lake and the boat will spend all the time on the trailer while not in the lake. Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Chow,

I have essentially the same rig you are lookin at. 2002 1775 with Yamaha V-Max 150 HPDI. I have a Maxxum with a 54" shaft that is OK most of the time but when it gets windy I periodically wish I'd bought the 60" shaft. Get the 60" shaft.... I have a 2800 pound roller trailer under mine that has served me well. Mine also spends it's whole life on the trailer. No problems. If you're considering late model used rigs, I'm considering selling mine for something a little larger. This is my second 1775, they are a great boat for the money.

It sounds like you're going to go 24 Volt rigging? Get the most amount of thrust you can for a 24v Motor.

As for the trailer--I have a PROV 1800 with a 3200lb. Shorelander roller with brakes because I tow my boat all the time, I load the boat onto the trailer myself (drive it right on). I "cringe" at the sight of all the people I see on the highway towing at 75mph with inadequate trailers--it's so dangerous to them and others!

If you do anything, buy at least a 3100lb. for the weight you're towing around--you won't be sorry. Shorelander makes the best trailer on the road imop.

------------------
Chells

On the other end, you don't want to go way over on your trailer to boat weight. A 3200 lb trailer on a 1775 is too much. I was told by a dealer that it can actually damage your boat because the trailer springs will not "give" under the lighter boat load. 2800 pound if your boat is fully loaded would be better. You want to match your boat weight to the trailer rating, that's why they make different trailer options. Make sure you get the 14" wheels, as metioned above alot of highway travel is in excess of 65 70 mph and that will severely stress a smaller trailer wheel and bearings. And I would highly recommend the 60" shaft. You won't be sorry for the few extra bucks.

Nice set-up. I really like my Suzy 140 4S so far. Go with the 60". I'd also recommend a trailer w/brakes and follow the 80% rule.

60" shaft(you won't regret it).
I also like your Idea on the Suzuki. I have only run 1 55 hp a few years ago, but it was a awsome motor!
As far as trailers, bunks can be a little tough to get a big boat out of the wiater with given MN's typical shallow landings. I have a EZ Loader and love it. Not sure what to say on the proper weight though. Personally I would get the 18 foot pro v so the front floor is cut straight, I would be triping and banging my shins and feet on the rod compartment all the time on the 1775.