Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Valv

Polarized glasses.

6 posts in this topic

Ok, I'd like to get some decent sunglasses with polarized lenses. Nowadays even KMart sells the $ 2.50 pair with a sticker that says Polarized...yeah right....
Can anybody tell me a brand which won't cost a fortune but has good glasses ? No need for these fancy waterskiing model or CK. Just good lenses.

Thanks.

Val

I spend around $20 for mine, and I bought mine at either Fleet Farm or Scheels in Fargo, ND. I tend to go through a pair every year due to scratches and other wounds from lots of abuse. The cheapies are much more comfortable to wear when you buy the slip-on (neck) cords that are soft.

valv. i use the strike king models. they work well, have ok styles and at 8-10 bucks affordable!( with kids they have to be!) del

Valv, I have myself a pair of the FLW tour glasses I picked up at the friendly Wal-Mart store and they work real well. Price was right and they also had the neck strap.

valv, I wear glasses with bifocals so this year when I went to the eye Dr I got a pair of Solar Shield Ulta Polarized Sun Glasses. I wondered just how they would work out when I first got them because you wear them right over your regular glasses. I forget I have them on most of the time they are very comfortable and they shield my eyes completly from the sun. They were only $12.00 I've priced them at other places and they are always at least double that price. So check at your eye DR office you might find they have good deals. <><Mary><>

On another note I decided after many of the $20 and under cheap stuff to get a pair that doesnt look like your grammas over the prescription type, and bought a pair of costa delmar,stylish, polarized, wrap around style for $105 at scheels. I like them so far, I where them at work (const) and they have taken a beating, no scratches yet and the polarized film they put on the cheap ones just isnt there, It took a while to talk myself into spending the money but at least I dont look like my grama