• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

G3 or Crestliner boat owners?

Question

well guys im researchin my next boat and cant seem to be able to decide between the G3 Angler V170T and the Crestliner FishHawk 1650T. I want to know if anyone has a G3 and what they think of it. I like the crestliner better but it costs about 3000 dollars more.
Any thoughts wold be appreciated, also if any Crestliner owners out there would want to weigh in on this subject that would be great.

Shawn

4 answers to this question

BBQ, the $ 3,000 is the reason why.

Crestliner is better, G3 is a new lower end mfg. I know how they build Crestliner, and I would choose this brand without any hesitation.

Go to their respective websites and check them out! If I recall some of the Crestliners have NO WOOD in them. That would be a BIG plus. Thats my .02 worth.

I believe G3 is owned by yamaha, which also now own skeeter boats. considering yamahas commitment for quality, I would consider G3 as a good boat.
they are cheaper, more than likely because they are a newer line of boats, and don't have the long lived crestliner name.
don't get me wrong, crestliner makes a very good product, but for 3000 buckaroos, think it through.
myself I have a skeeter 1850, and am very pleased with this rig.
just remeber, because they are owned by yamaha, these boats are still made in america.
not sure if G3 is made by the skeeter plant in texas or not, but I know its american made. and you probally know about the great outboards that yamaha have.
good luck in your decision, but I would also look at starcraft. they have some nice boats at good prices, if you want a mercury motor.

I dont own one but have fished out of one many times, a friend of mine has one, 17' pro style 115 yam 4st. he fishes quite a few tournys every year and to my knowledge hes the only G3 in the bunch in this area. He seems very happy with it! imo, Its every bit fishable as crestliner. and think of all the accessories you could buy for $3000!