• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need Mercury trial props in the western Minneapolis area

Hookmaster

Question

I’m finally ready to try different props to optimize the performance of my 1999 Lund 1700 Angler SS with a 1999 Yamaha F100. I have been using the stock 17 X 13 ¼ aluminum prop and I need more bow lift. The first place I’ll look is the Mercury props. Where do I go that has props to try, a Mercury dealer or a prop shop? If there are places available in the western Minneapolis suburbs, that’s a plus, but list them all.

3 answers to this question

If you have 6000 RPMs with an average to heavy load then you could go up in pitch. This will effect your hole shot. I can give some different brands, sizes and pitchs if you want. From past experiences I know dealers dont like you to try out props because once its on your motor its used. Your best bet would be a dealer on a lake with a huge inventory.

Heres some props that should lower your RPMs by around 400.

Michigan Wheel #BT27063 13x19 Aluminum.

Hustler 13-1/4 Dia. 19 Pitch
Part # 5A:HU1319AM aluminum

Express 13-1/4 Dia. 19 Pitch
Part # 5S:EX1319SM SS