• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FishMark 320 ?

GooseSlayer

Question

Bought new for new boat,First time out to test and become familiar with went well.Next trip out was not so good. I drove to URL last weekend and the trouble started. While sitting 400 ft from shore my depth finder read 576ft deep.Not!It takes a lond time to get a bottom reading,when it does it reads correct depth for a while, then the screen loses the bottom(it seems to fade out).The depth numbers start to rise to the 500s.Does any one have any ideas,before I take it out and tell the salesman that talked me out of an X87 what I think of it the best deal for the money.Does a 4stroke motor have any thing to do with it?Its hooked to the battery direct.Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.Dave

5 answers to this question

My brother in law bought the same unit and had the same exact problem. I told him I suspected the transducer but when he called reeds they sent him a new power head. That one is better. They indicated there may have been a bad run of a few of these locators. Call Eagle or call your dealer to fix the problem.
ccarlson

You need to make sure the transducer is pointing down not horizontally. I just installed a new lms-320 and asked a lowrance pro-staffer how much to tighten the transducer down. He said to tighten it down as far as it will go, squeeze those rubber grommits till they bulge out.

Did you talk to Eagle/Lowrance or the place that you bought the unit? I'm having the same problem with my new 320. I jsut called Eagle and they told me to try and adjust the sensitivity manually and see if that would take care of the problem. If that doesn’t work they said I would have to send in the unit for them to test it. I would rather not have to send it in.

I had similar issues with my unit. Two things to watch for. It seemed to happen when I had my 2nd graph on a lot. I turned of the Vexilar FL-18 and most of my problems went away. The 2nd thing is if I am starting and stopping the boat a lot it seems like it can go crazy. Apparenlty some short power fluctuations can cause this to happen. Just some possibilities to check.