• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new boat

kt

Question

My dad is looking to get a new boat and motor in the 10-14 thousand dollar range. What are some of your suggestions as far as companys and models. He's looking at boats in the 16-17 foot range and motors around 50-60 hp. Any info is appreciated.

thanks,

kt

3 answers to this question

Well I have been looking in that same range and I have found:

Crestliner Fishhawk 1650 w/Mercury 50HP EFI 4-Stroke
Alumacraft Navigator165 or Magnum165 w/ Mercury or Yamaha 50 Horse 4-stroke
G3 Angler V170t w/Yamaha 50 Horse 4-Stroke
Lund Explorer 1675 or 1650 w/ Merc or Yam 50 Horse 4-stroke

Theese are the boats I am considering, and any of them could be upgraded to a 60 horse but wouldn't be nessicary.

I personally am a Mercury fan and really like thier new EFI 50 4-stroker.

I am personally leaning towards the crestliner fish hawk 1650 because I like the layout better and think its a better looking boat.
The Crestliner has a welded single layer hull while the other three have double plated hulls. But the layers are thinner than the single layer. The Crestliner and G3 are welded boats, and the Alumacraft and Lund are Riveted. The G3 has a full length double plated hull where the Alumacraft and Lund only have a double plated bow.

Good luck, Its a hard decision to make, I cant decide myself

Look at the Suzuki DF60 Fuel Injected 4-Stroke on the Alumacraft Navigator. I think you will find the layout nice and the price should be in your ball park. I have heard nothing but good things about the Suzuki's.