• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crestliner Windshields

Question

I have purchased a 2001 Crestliner boat and I am having problems with the windshield track pulling away from the glass. Crestliner is replacing the windshield under warranty but they feel I was pulling on the top track while riding in the boat. I feel the Canvas top is what pulls the track away and am concerned what will happen when the new windshield fails as the old one has. I have seen one other Crestliner with the same problem so I know I am not alone. Has anyone else had this problem?

5 answers to this question

I'm in the same boat!!! haha!!! I don't know that it is the top causing it. Mine popped out from the base track over the course of a day out on Mille Lacs without the top being attached. I figured they were just some brutal waves that day, because they took a toll on me as well. I figured it was an isolated incident before seeing your post. If there was a way to add some sort of additional bracing where the glass curves to keep the tracks (top and bottom) tight to the glass the problem might be solved. It just seems like the the two screws attaching the top track isn't enough for real heavy use. If you look at the earlier 'liners the glass is broken up more probably because of this very reason. It would be interesting to here from some 'liner owners before the glass changed to see if they have experienced a similar problems. I guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed until the warranty runs out. Extremely happy otherwise.

Crestliner:

I have also had problems with my 99 sportfish regarding the windshield.. Had it replaced once, and the molding around the track is separating again. Not as bad as first time, but it is noticeable. I may go back to Crystal Marine and have it replaced again, before the warranty runs out. Best I can figure, it is from the cover possibly being on too tight.. cant think of any other reason as to why....

Fellow Crestliner Owners.
Here is the scoop on the Crestliner Windshields. My windshield shattered while going 45 miles per hour, spraying glass all over everyone in the boat. The safety glass is the only thing that prevented serious injury to myself and other passengers.
The curved glass, without side support, is a new design for crestliner. Prior to the glass shattering our dealer tried glueing the window into the frame, obviously this did not work. After this last incident I called Crestliner directly and was told by customer service that the windshield is being re-designed, with side supports, because of wide spread problems similar to mine. I am bringing my boat back to Crestliner in Little Falls MN in October and they are going to install the new style windshield under warranty. If you have the old windshield design get it replaced now, don't accept a temporary fix. Crestliner boats are supposed to last a life time.

Judging from the amount of curved windshield with glass pulling from frame I just received from Alumacraft, looks like this is a widespread problem. Most windshields are made from 1 or 2 companies, thust the problem on different brands.