• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MarCum LX-3

Scott Steil

Question

Just wondering who has mounted their LX-3 on their boat and what their experience has been.

I have my LX-3 rear mounted on my Ranger. I use it for trolling when I am turned around and my partner uses it for jigging off the back of the boat. I have been very pleased with the fact that I can run the LX-3 without getting interference from my Lowrance and Garmin graphs.

Anyone else have their LX-3 mounted on their boat yet? I have been very impressed with the unit this year.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
www.millelacsguideservice.com

2 answers to this question

I'll second that Scott. Finally decided to mount it on thr transom and I can run both my Lowrance and LX-3 at the same time as long as I have the IR on. Never would have thought they would work together. It's nice to see both units pick up the same thing and decipher what I'm seeing down there. Still find it tough to keep my jig/rig in the cone though. Can you see your jig/rig off the transom when moving?

Jigging under a flasher is tough in open water. I have had best luck on the river, slipping with the current, as well as anchored in a lake. The other time it works really well is when you are jigging on deep rocks. The deeper the water the wider the cone, so the easier it gets to keep your jig in the cone.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the LX-3, it was a great addition to my boat this year.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
www.millelacsguideservice.com