• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailering?

Question

I have a S-10 pick up and a lund angler. Is it easier on the Transmission to trailer it in 3, or should I just keep it in Drive.

7 answers to this question

Just watch/listen to see how much your truck is shifting from OD into 3rd. If it keeps shifting down on hills or inclines leave it in third. Otherwise you're fine with it in OD.

Your boat hardly weighs enough to notice it's back there. I pull a 3,000-lb. tent camper with an underpowerd Silverado. In the summer I run in OD with AC blasting and only have problems on grades or when I get in slower traffic. Don't overdrive, though, and allow plenty of room for braking.

If you would have bought a Ford you would not have to worry bout this problem.

Just listen to you motor if it downshifts on you pop it into 3rd, then when you get back to speed or up the hill put it in OD, or you will burn up your tranny. I use to pull a 16 foot lund with a 25 merc on it, with a Ford Ranger 2.5 liter 4 cyl. Would pull it 250 mile to north shore all the time.