• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

anchor ?

DTro

Question

Is there a way to keep the boat from swinging around WITHOUT another anchor? I have an anchormate on the bow. Could I rig up another rope to existing anchor and tie off to stern? Would that work? I think there is a million dollar idea here somewhere.

7 answers to this question

A six gallon pail on a rope centered off the rear of the boat, while anchored off the front. This will help in current or on big chop.

Same is true for a drift, center it on the side, or use 2 pails, it will control the drift.

A Cheap-O wind sock is what it is. The original wind sock really! wink.gif

I thought about the center thing. I'll try that, as previous owner had ubolts installed at the centers for drift sock application. Thanks for the ideas!

I just wanted to point out that if you're going to tie your anchor off to the center of the boat you might cause other problems. If it's really windy or something a boat can get swamped relatively easy this way.