• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lindy rig storage

Fathead

Question

8 answers to this question

What I do is keep everything I need to make my snells and lindy rigs in a zip lock bag in my boat or tackle box. Then I just make them up as I fish, or make a few then put them on rods. Easy and fast. Doesn't take long to make them up, saves you money too.

I agree with pro trapper, why make them ahead of time? I make them as I need, also you never know what length you need for the occasion, sometimes it's 3-4' other times it's 10-12', just keep the line on the spool and make as you go.

Also, I have found a real easy way to tie a "factory" type knot to the hook, it only take 15-20 seconds and it's just like the snells you buy. It's to hard to explain here but if you want send me an email and I'll try to explain it to you.

[email protected]

Ole

Thanks to all that have replied.

The reason I need something better is when your really into the fish over the rocks and your fighting a stout wind and you break a line you have to pull out of the groove to retie. I also don't like to retie during the night. I would rather pull out an identical out of the box an go. The rig roller does look interesting! Also a seperate box with just rigs could also solve the problem.

My old boat, a Skeeter 1850, had 7 foot rod lockers with lids about 40 inches long. If you opened the locker, the underside of the lid was lined with foam. I had screws at one end of the lid and could wrap the loop end of the rig to that end and hook the hook anywhere in the foam.

Man, I miss that boat.

tjhunter

Sand Burr, you are right. That same scenario happened to me last weekend. The wind was pounding on us and we were drifting snells. We lost two rigs and with the boat bouncing around, it's tough trying to re-tie and dig for tackle. I tie a loop at the end of all my snells and spinners like most people. I then just spin a new rig off the Rig Roller and i'm ready to go...

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
651-271-5459
www.millelacsguideservice.com