• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

preferred customer program

Northlander

Question

G****ns has this prefferred customer program that I have been a part of for about 3 years now and I must say, this has been a fantastic deal. Anyone, can do it..you just have to sign up.

They send great coupons all the time, most recently $20 bucks off any purchase $100 or more, $40 off of $200 or $75 off of $300.

I just picked up a benelli nova and and 2 burner coleman stove for $260 bones.

8 answers to this question

G****ns has this prefferred customer program that I have been a part of for about 3 years now and I must say, this has been a fantastic deal. Anyone, can do it..you just have to sign up.

They send great coupons all the time, most recently $20 bucks off any purchase $100 or more, $40 off of $200 or $75 off of $300.

I just picked up a benelli nova and and 2 burner coleman stove for $260 bones.

Mills Fleet Farm has three locations in the Twin Cities... grin.gif Is there some sort of rule that you can't say the name of the store in these posts? I thought you would only remit in the event that you have slanderous things to say about them. The store is Galyans and I am also a preferred member! It's a cool deal.

Good Luck smile.gif

of course if I'm wrong I am sure this will be deleted. smile.gif

Chev

I don't want to speak for anyone, but I believe this is why store names aren't okay.

This site we all enjoy costs money to run, and doesn't make much, if any. mentioning the names of stores who don't want to pay the tiny fee it takes to advertise here in one of several ways are getting a free plug when we mention names. Free plugs doesn't pay the bills.

There's nothing to be done about individual products or manufacturers, 'cause the right gear and discussing the right gear is an integral part of discussing our sport.

These chain retailers in question have ample funds to take out a banner ad with the most highly viewed fishing HSOforum in the world (no kidding) but don't, so their direct mention gets censored whenever possible.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

[This message has been edited by Aquaman01 (edited 05-20-2003).]

Ok excuse me if I'm ignorant. But as a fishing HSOforum we all share one thing in common...the fact that we all like to fish. I guess I kind of view this HSOforum as an informational site for fisher people of all ages and abilities. I try to contribute when I can and ask questions when I have them. But as a HSOforum with a bunch of crazed (including me) fisher people in it wouldn't it benefit all of us if you were sharing information on where you could save money? Or where there is a free informational seminar? I mean in the spirit of fishing we could spread the word about say, a River Fishing Seminar at a particular store. I guess I don't view it as a plug because no matter what we do here, we will not effect the over all sales of a place like Gander Mountain, Cabelas, Galyans only to name a few. Having been in the business I know the figures. We all have our favorite stores and I really don't think we are gonna change our minds because someone said that one is better than another. Interested to hear comments. I am not attacking Rick or anyone else. I love this HSOforum and spend a ton of time on here. Anyways I've rambled enough.

Good Luck smile.gif Happy Fishing smile.gif
Chev

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Guys,
It's ok to put in store names like Gander Mountain or Galyans etc. You don't need to put stars on them. If they are starred out, there is a good reason why.

The only time we have ever had an issue is when all the sales Gander Mountain was having were being advertised here for FREE.

If they're going to have a sale, they need to pay to advertise it just like they do with any other media.

If a store sponsors this site then they they deserve our appreciationa and the right to talk about their sales.

Otherwise it is a NO-NO to talk about non-sponsor retail store sales. Their managers do come on here and plug those sales posing as John Q. It's good for their numbers and corresponding raises.

It's relatively inexpensive to advertise here. A heck of a lot cheaper than newspaper ads, radio, TV, etc.

Gander Mountain, Galyans, Fleet Farm managers or other stores, I recommend you have your marketing people contact us.

Remember, asking us to allow free advertising is like us asking you to do your work for free. It sure doesn't put supper on the table does it.

I pay for advertising this site so new folks can find it. Why shouldn't retail stores do the same with us? They can help cut those costs.

These big retail stores can easily afford what we offer and get plenty of bang for their buck. After all, the people who want to hear about their sales are right here.

Here is the web address to send them along with your recommendations why they should advertise here:
http://fishingminnesota.com/market.html

It's very easy for those retail stores to get on board. We welcome them as sponsors.

I belive I remember Rick stating awhile ago the fact that Aquaman mentioned. You know I find it kind of funny how such stores will pay big bucks to an ad in the Sunday paper that in most cases is overlooked because most paper readers couldn't care less about the current price of fishing/hunting equipment. Now and ad on this site would be far less and would be able to target the market that they are trying to reach. I shop at the big retailers but my last 3 fishing purchases have been through the advertisers on this site. If I can get what I want here I will.

I personally have never used this site or any other for personal gain, or for the benefit of the store I work for. If I mention that my store has a locator for X price, it is to tip off the person who asked about the locator, not to move another unit out the door of one of our stores. I don't care that much. But I bet the person who asked appreciated the tip. I don't cloak my identity. I don't care if you know me or where I work. When you come in the door of my store, I want you to buy an item from me. But when I'm B.S.ing with folks here, I'm just trying to be a nice guy and help out.