Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lip RIPPER!

Carpet Cleaner

7 posts in this topic

What do you guys use to clean the carpet in your boats? Is there cleaner specific for marine carpet? Any info apreciated. Thanks

I have tan carpet in my boat, and spill coffee in it all the time. I wet the inside down and use Simple Green diluted in water. Brush it around a little and rinse. Inevitably, I will tip over my coffee the first time I go out afterwards.

Ditto on the simple green for most stains. Has taken our grease spots, blood, dog pee, "chaw" stains, coffee and dirt spots in my tan boat carpet. Wet the area, spray it on, scrub area and rinse with clean water. About 3.50 for a spray bottle at menards. I use the spray bottle at full strength per directions on bottle for spot cleaning.
Xplorer

PS: it gets stains out of housecarpet as well. Just had all our carpets cleaned on thursday and yesterday my wife had a bottle of babyfood carrots break and spill all the way up our white stairs. The Mrs was freakin out cause the spray-on carpet clearer didnt get it out. I used the Green and had them out in about 15 minutes. Chalked up some big-time points for that one grin.gif

[This message has been edited by Xplorer (edited 05-19-2003).]

What did he do now? You fish much this weekend? We're going up tommorow to try our luck. If the Green doesn't work I have some stuff that might.

It looked like he had dog sh-t on the bottom of his shoes after we got out fishing. Luckily it wasn't but he did muddy it up a little. Then in his frustration he kicked the leach bucket over and a pound of them were crawling all over the place. Nothing major but it could only happen to him. Fishing was good on Sat. and we even managed to put 62 miles on. Slower yesterday.

try and take it to the car wash and hose it with the high pressure washer it looks like new when you are done

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail boser@grandrapidsmn.com

I use my small Bissell carpet cleaner and it works great. That way it cleans and sucks up the excess water.

------------------
Phyl

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• tip to a couple good friends   Len,
      Thank you for the stream recommendation, Len! I love the layout of this stream. Fished it from 3pm until 6:30pm.  My brother threw panther 9s and I threw 6s. We scored a brookie/brown/bow trifecta.    
    • Nelson has been down in recent years in terms of Walleye fishing. Depends on what kind of water you like to fish. The flowage and Moose Lake are good if you like fishing really dark water. Grindstone and Lac Courte Oreilles, maybe even Round are also good walleye lakes, but those lakes have very clear water and will fish completely different than the dark water river impoundments in the area.
    • I think it would be an offensive and experience(post season) up grade. I all reality, we dont have the means to make the trade.  We are nearly out of money(cap space) and only have 11 players.  We need food cheap role players right now.   Only way would be to package Wiggins with future draft picks.  If the analysts are actually correct on how improved we will be, those draft pick wont carry a ton of value.
    •   Well not as many as up by the Emily-Outing area but a few.
    • Still on the fence between going with the cabin or lodge, my dad has a normal lodge and it has tons of room which is great but it also is somewhat heavy for 1 guy to load and pull it seems. I mostly fish with just 1 other person and maby 25% of the time by myself so that was why I was leaning to the cabin which also seemed to have plenty of room for 2 it seemed to me. Also from what I understand the cabin will fit in chevy crew cab box and the lodge won't? I have a 04 crew cab short box so one more incentive for the cabin if thats true.
    • Sounds perfect, thinking your guys reviews will seal the deal for me once I can see one in person again, a hyfax kit will also be on my list as I plan on pulling it behind my sportsman 570. Thanks for the review also AAmerican, it's early to be thinking ice fishing but I'm sure there's people out there like us that are a little anxious!
    • The Chippewa flowage would be a great place to start. I will be honest. Walleye are not what I have ever chosen to Target when I fish up there but the flowage is a great fishery.    Nelson lake would be another choice.
    • I have had 3 of the otter pro xt's, a cabin, lodge and resort. I still have the resort and recently purchased the cabin. I have not had many different brand portables but have fished in other brands buddies have. They are the nicest portables I have personally owned and until I try something I like more I wouldn't change from them at all. The resort is heavy and not something I like dragging far by hand especially loaded with gear and much snow on the lakes. But it has tons of room and I have fished 4 people in it before, a little tight but doable. The cabin I purchased for more hand pulling and an extra for if I have people along. They are very warm and I have fished in them down to -30 deg F. A regular buddy heater keeps them plenty warm, if it isn't to cold or the house is banked well its easily t-shirt weather inside. The resort needs a big buddy heater for colder days sometimes due to the larger size but isn't terrible with a regular. Overall very happy with them all and have been very durable. Also no dripping of water from the ceiling. Highly recommend a set of hyfax for the bottom. I had over 1000 miles pulling my old lodge and they hyfax held up great but I always pulled on snow and not across asphalt much at all.   Changes I have made to them: - added a battery box and inside LEDs  - used stainless screws on the band that hods the fabric to the tub only because I don't like the look of the rusted screws.     If you think you'll be purchasing one I would recommend stopping at a Gander Mountain if you have one near by and getting a set of hyfax since they are going out of business there is a good amount of ice gear. I found hyfax recently there for $15 a set.
    • We are on Lake Edward at WildWoods RV resort just north of Merrifield, MN. It is nice just driving up, unlocking it, playing for the weekend and locker her back up and leaving the frig on.  They let Atheists and Jesus freaks all in!
  • Our Sponsors