Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gofishingtom

solar charger

6 posts in this topic

has anybody bought and used the solar charger that is being offered in the cabelas book.. would like to know if anybody has and has used it and what they think of it.. worth the money or not.. i have no way of charging my batteries when im up at the lake for more than a week. so was wondering if anybody has this unit and if it worth the price... thanks good fishing to all

What year boat and how many batteries are trying to charge?

------------------
JIM PAYNE

I need to know what year it is to get you the correct answer and is that two batteries in series or in parralel.

------------------
JIM PAYNE

Most solar chargers do not have enough juice to charge through both batteries. does your boat sit were you cannot put it on the trailer without to much trouble? If it is not to much trouble then you can use a STAYNCHARGE on your truck and you can let your truck run for about 30 minutes at idle and you can charge your batteries from your truck. if truck is close enough to the boat dock ,aybe we can make you a cord long enough to reach yor boat to your truck. Just an idea for you. Good luck.

------------------
JIM PAYNE

1998 pro-v and batteries are in pararell.. what to stay at 12volt dont have 24volt trolling motor yet

[This message has been edited by gofishingtom (edited 05-18-2003).]