• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnkota Powerdrive bowmount problem

shinde

Question

Anybody have any advice regarding Minnkota 55PD bowmount (1 year old) only working on one speed (high). It appears the speed control (on the foot control module) is not working.

6 answers to this question

Call Johnson Outdoors and ask for their service dept in Mankato, MN. You motor is under warranty (2 years) and they will replace the foot pedal for free.
Minn-Kota is a division of Johnson Outdoors.

Good Luck smile.gif
Chev

Hey Mugs,
Can you define "new pad"? I have a PD50 that I am having some issues similar to this. The constant switch as well as the momentary are sporadic at certain speed ranges. If I slightly move the speed setting it seems to run fine.

In the foot control there are some electronics that seems to be sensitive to condensation, at least I had that problem with mine, took it in the house for a few days and let it completely dry out and it worked. I don't know if there were some seals that let loose and let moisture in or what but that did it. I don't leave it in the boat under the tarp any more and it seems to be fine.

FYI,
I've had issues with my foot control being inconsistent at several speeds and have had problems with the momentary switch. This is a PD50. Finally got fed up and looked into the switch. It appears that the circuit pad is activated by nylon points in several locations that may not be applying full pressure to the pad. Rather than spending $58 for a new circuit pad I took the plunge and am getting a whole new foot pedal for $68! Hopefully this will resolve all issues.