Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shinde

Minnkota Powerdrive bowmount problem

7 posts in this topic

Anybody have any advice regarding Minnkota 55PD bowmount (1 year old) only working on one speed (high). It appears the speed control (on the foot control module) is not working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That may just be what it is. I have an older model and had a similar problem with mine. I went to fishlectronics and purchased a new pad. All is good!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call Johnson Outdoors and ask for their service dept in Mankato, MN. You motor is under warranty (2 years) and they will replace the foot pedal for free.
Minn-Kota is a division of Johnson Outdoors.

Good Luck smile.gif
Chev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Mugs,
Can you define "new pad"? I have a PD50 that I am having some issues similar to this. The constant switch as well as the momentary are sporadic at certain speed ranges. If I slightly move the speed setting it seems to run fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the foot control there are some electronics that seems to be sensitive to condensation, at least I had that problem with mine, took it in the house for a few days and let it completely dry out and it worked. I don't know if there were some seals that let loose and let moisture in or what but that did it. I don't leave it in the boat under the tarp any more and it seems to be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The foot controls should be water tight! I have never had a problem with mine and it is 8 years old! Knock on wood!

Rainman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI,
I've had issues with my foot control being inconsistent at several speeds and have had problems with the momentary switch. This is a PD50. Finally got fed up and looked into the switch. It appears that the circuit pad is activated by nylon points in several locations that may not be applying full pressure to the pad. Rather than spending $58 for a new circuit pad I took the plunge and am getting a whole new foot pedal for $68! Hopefully this will resolve all issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0