• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

rigging electronics

Question

I have a new Lund Angler 1700 boat and I am new to rigging. I installed my depth finder but I can't seem to figure out the wiring for power. I know their is the 4 banks where fuses go, but after that I am confused. I think you hook up the positive to the one side coming off, but where does the ground go? Thanks for any help!!

5 answers to this question

gregg

Some depth finders are sensitive to power level, the best with depth finders is to run it's own cables from the cranking battery. The panels in your boat can reduce voltage by up to half a volt and that's enough to play games with your finder.

Greg,

On most lund boats there is a ground block located somewhere under the dash... follow one of the grounds from the switches, or radio (if you have one) to where it's grounded. It has spots for something like 8 grounds.. it has a male spade connector ends...

Good luck!

marine_man

Greg,
This is probably impractical but on my boat I have a seperate 12v battery dedicated to my fish finder only. Hardly draws any current so the batt. lasts a long time. No RF interferrence on my electronics. Top end speed is not a concern to me so the extra weight is a moot point. Boat still runs 53 fully loaded though. It's all about equipment functioning properly for me. Just a thought....

------------------
...if I only had more time off!...
Dawg