Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I want to say "thanks" (depth finder troubles)

4 posts in this topic

This is a pretty friendly board, and because of the advice of everyone I wanted to say thanks. I'm going to write in detail in case anyone else has this problem - they still have time to fix it before the opener!

The problem: A Humminbird 400TX wouldn't power on. It was sent in and returned to me. The company said it worked and they couldn't reproduce the problem.

Before I sent it in, I checked all of the cables with a continuity tester, etc. It all seemed to work - there was a positive reading on everything - the fuse, the leads, the connectors, etc.

I posted the problem on here and basically everyone said it sounded like an electrical problem. So, I tore everything down. I used sandpaper and wire brushes/terminal cleaners to clean up the battery, the leads, the fuse contacts, and the fuse itself.

I also replaced the power cord that hooks into the depth finder itself - it was $30 but now I have a spare if the other was in fact good.

Keep in mind that all of this stuff tested as "good" beforehand, yet the unit wouldn't power on.

As a final measure, I re-soldered every connection to make sure there was good electric flow.

The unit now powers on and is ready for the opener.

Thanks all! Hopefully this will help someone else too.

Consultant, I wish I knew you need a powercord, I have BOXES of them, I would have sent one.
If you need another, just email me and send an envelope, I'll put it in the mail.
Anybody that needs a Humminbird mount, powercord and temp sensor, just email me, I'll be glad to send it for just shipping cost.

FREE Humminbird parts to FM members !!!

valv@kvesurplus.com

hey valv, do you happen to have a transducer for a LCR-4 ID? I am watching this Wild game right now and am starting to go prematurely gray.

------------------
"The Minnesota Wild are not a hockey team, they are a cult!"
~General Manager of the Vancouver Canucks Brian Burke

Bobb-o, I am sorry, I just have the items above, no transducer or sonar.