• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnkota

Fish Tales

Question

I have a 50# minnkota power drive 2 yrs. old No autopilot . I am having problem with foot pedal. When I push on left half of pedal motor will not turn left but if I push on right half of pedal it will turn right. I will also push on left half of pedal and by hand turn power head with hand to the right and then motor will turn to left. Any answers greatly appreciated.

3 answers to this question

I have the exact same unit, with the same issues sometimes. I found that sand/dirt/dust collects inside the pedal, so I just throw the pedal into the water and clean it out. It works great after a little bath. smile.gif

I also have had (corrosion) problems with the plug connections from the pedal to the motor. Spray a little lube on the small prongs in the connector.

Maybe you have a more complex problem? The motor that turns the head is kinda weak....

[This message has been edited by CD (edited 05-06-2003).]

I have the same problem with mine. When I had it serviced at an authorized MinnKota repair shop, the tech. told me there are a dual set of electronics that control the turning and one half of mine was bad. If you have the same problem as mine you will notice that it will not turn in one direction (only slowly) when the battery gets weaker and you have the speed control turned up past half. Mine would only turn if I set the speed way down and then turned it. I did just fix the problem by buying a new MinnKota 55PD and got the corded pilot system with it. I am mounting the control on top of my counsel and can control the motor with my hand.