• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Props

Question

I have a 2001 90hp classic merc engine on a 1650 lund angler, just bought a laser 2 prop with 22 pitch, i am looking for top speed, the boat is rated for 5500 max rpm's, the 22 pitch runs 5200. would i get higher top end if i went to a 24 pitch or should i try a 20. I know the 20 would get me back up around 5500 rpm's but woould i neccesarily move faster???

1 answer to this question

Don't go any higher, look like you have the highest pitch prop you can install on that motor which should run at 5500rpm max.
If you go with a 23 or 24 you'll drop RPMs more and it won't be good for your motor.
If you use a smaller pitch you'll get back to 5500 but you won't get more speed.

How fast does your boat go ? Did you try to trim motor out when at full speed, that will increase your max of about 3 to 5 mph